When The Original Agreement No Longer Works: Decree Modifications

If you need an Omaha family law lawyer, contact Higgins Law at 402-933-7600 to schedule a consultation.

Things change. Such is the reality of life. Should your circumstances change and you are living under the discipline of a divorce decree or decree of paternity, you may find that the terms of those orders are no longer in the best interest of your children or are no longer just and equitable. Recognizing that this is the case, we at Higgins Law are well-equipped to first determine if petitioning the court for a modification of your decree is tenable and, if so, similarly well-equipped to effectively prosecute such a request with the court.

As most changes to decrees are rarely applied retroactively, it is prudent to consult a qualified attorney to determine the best time to act. At Higgins Law in Omaha, we will help you decide when to act and develop a plan to reset your decree so that it remains fair and in your children’s best interests.

To schedule a consultation with an experienced Nebraska decree modification lawyer, call 402-933-7600 or complete our online contact form.